Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Want to play a part in the release of "Through a Screen Darkly"?

Well, I'm so glad you asked!

There are plenty of things you can do to help!

First of all, you can pre-order the book at Amazon. Then, you can pre-order more copies as Christmas presents for anyone in your family who is interested in movies. What? It won't arrive in time for Christmas? It'll be just a few weeks late... give them a card that let's them know it will arrive in their mailbox as soon as they're done reading the other books they got for Christmas.

Wait, there's more...

If you write for a magazine or newspaper, contact me at joverstreet [at] gmail [dot] com. I can set you up with a review copy, if you're willing to write a review, or know someone who will.

If you work for a radio station, I'll be doing interviews. Contact me.

If you work at a Christian university or school and would like me to come talk about the adventures of a Christian film critic, let's talk.

And then there's always this: I've been encouraged to start a blog on the Amazon page for Through a Screen Darkly.

I know, I know... I already have too many blogs. But this is a place to encourage conversations that will inspire some interest in the book.

So, I've gone and done it.

If you want to help out, visit THAT blog today and if you feel moved to respond with comments on any of the posts there, I'd be grateful to see them.

The more interesting that Amazon page becomes, the more people will get curious about the book. And if you like what happens at Looking Closer.org, well, Through a Screen Darkly is all about the convictions and ideas on which LookingCloser.org has been built... so why not pitch in and help draw some attention to it?

Thanks for your support. The more interesting this book release becomes, the more opportunities it will give me to make LookingCloser.org more interesting for you...

No comments: