Friday, February 09, 2007

Signed copies for you, your family, your friends, your teachers, your pastor!



I've had some inquiries, so I guess it makes sense to post these instructions:

If you would like me to send you a signed copy of Through a Screen Darkly from my own personal stash,

or if you'd like to surprise your movie-loving sibling by having a copy arrive in his mailbox,

or enlighten your parents (who have never understood your love for movies),

or start some conversations with the friend who always saves your seat while you go get popcorn,

or recommend to one of your teachers or professors that they consider the book as a classroom text,

well...

here's what you can do:

Make a personal check out to Jeffrey Overstreet and send it to:

Jeffrey Overstreet
Seattle Pacific University
3307 3rd Ave W, Ste 116
Seattle, WA 98119-1997

That price will cover the book AND the shipping.

Price: $17.50 per copy.

PLEASE SPECIFY if you want me to write a note to someone in particular, and make sure I can read the name clearly.

And if this book is a birthday present, I'll be happy to mention that in my note as well.

DON'T FORGET TO INDICATE the address to which you wish me to send the book.

3 comments:

Sara Z. said...

The other thing you can do for people who already own the book but want it signed is send a signed, clear, Avery label of appropriate size. (I find laser works better than ink jet, and you need to let the ink sit a long time to dry.) Once it's in the book, it almost looks like a signed book. It's pretty neat. Then it only costs a stamp. (I do it at my expense for readers...)

Anonymous said...

i realize this blog was posted way back in feb, does the offer still stand? if so my check is in the mail. please let me know, and thank you. ALSO i discovered this book through "googling" Kristopher Orr, i am curious if this is the same K. Orr that I met at Belhaven College in Jackson MS. maybe you can shed some light on the matter? i've been trying to find him for many years.

Jeffrey Overstreet said...

Sarah, I'll forward your message to Kristopher. I have no idea if this is the same person.

And yes, the offer still stands! Thanks for asking!

Jeffrey